When you think of grilled cheese, you’re probably picturing the well-known bread, butter, and cheese combo. What if we told you that you could cook certain cheeses directly on the grill, without using any bread? There’s such a thing as a “grilling cheese,” you ask? You’d better believe it!
One of the grill masters at BBQ Island is here to show you how to easily heat up some tasty grilled cheeses for you to try at home.
Here’s what you need to know after reviewing the video:
·We purchased the cheeses from Baiz Market.
·The grill we used in this video is our Lynx Professional All Sear Propane Gas Grill.
·To keep the grilling cheese from falling through the grill rack, we used a GMG BBQ Mat, which can be used for veggies and fish as well.
1. Kefalograviera cheese – Keep the heat low, no more than 350°F. We recommend seasoning with ground pepper and Kosmos Killer Bee Honey Rub. A gas or charcoal grill works best for this cheese.
2. Halloumi – Set your grill to 300°F. Keep a close eye on this cheese; you’ll know it’s done once you see golden brown sear marks. Pair with pita bread.
3. Grilling cheese – Set your grill to 300°F. This cheese does best set on the GMG BBQ Mat. Grilling cheese is finished when the outside is golden brown. You can pair this cheese with a tortilla.
Have you made a dish with grilled cheeses before? Let us know about your experience in the comments below!
- Prep For Your MLK Weekend BBQ With These Tasty Treats
- How to Grill Cheese
- The Trick to Dry-Aging Beef at Home: Your Questions Answered
- 5 Holiday BBQ Gift Ideas (That are on Sale!)
- 5 Holiday Sides You Can Cook on the Grill
- How to Clean a BBQ Grill (The Simple Way)
- How to Make Flavorful Carne Asada Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- What Happened at This Year’s Turkey Fest
- Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- 5 Ways to Add Flavor to a Grilled Turkey
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011