Posted by Administrator on 1/5/2012 to Recipes
This recipe really came about from having some leftovers and it turned out better than any of the planned meals using these same ingredients. This hearty stew is perfect for warding off the cold during these chilly winter evenings.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients1. 1 lb carne asada 2. 4 red potatos cut into eighths 3. 3 tablespoons olive oil 4. 1 teaspoon table salt 5. 1 teaspoon ground pepper 6. onions from carne asada marinade 7. 1 carrot sliced 8. 1 cup pico de gallo 9. 2 limes 10. 1 cup salsa verde 11. 2 bullion cubes 12. 4 cups water
- Pre-heat grill to high. Put water and bullion cubes in large skillet, simmer on low. Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill potatoes, carne asada and onions.
- Chop grilled carne asada and onions. Place carne asada into skillet, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add carrot to skillet, cover and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion and salsa verde to skillet and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Spoon stew into bowls, top with pico de gallo and lime wedges. Serve with tortilla chips or flour tortillas cut into quarters.
Recipe Generator courtesy of BBQ Island
- What Happened at This Year’s Turkey Fest
- Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- 5 Ways to Add Flavor to a Grilled Turkey
- 3 Ways to Get Wood Flavor on a Gas Grill
- Surefire Ways to Keep Your Chicken Moist
- 5 Ways to Top a Steak (Photo Gallery)
- 4 Grilling Tools You Can’t Live Without
- Unique Backyard BBQ Recipes (Featuring Smoked Mac N’ Cheese)
- How to Grill Epic Vegetarian Dishes
- 5 AZ Craft Beer & BBQ Pairings
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011