Want to serve the best BBQ this Independence Day? We've got an amazing dinner and dessert recipe for you to show off your grill skills. At BBQ Island, we love to grill up family-friendly treats, and these recipes, featuring our Big Green Egg and Lynx All Sear Grill, hit the sweet spot: easy-to-make and impressive!
Split Smoked Chicken
- 1 Whole fryer chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Texas Chrome Flying Feather seasoning
- To split the chicken, use kitchen shears to cut the backbone out. Work from the neck to the tail on both of the spine, cutting through the ribs to remove the backbone and open the cavity. Press the chicken flat, with the breast side down.
- Season both sides of the bird by rubbing on Texas Chrome Flying Feather seasoning.
- Heat the Big Green Egg with plate setter attachment to 250-300 degrees using Big Green Egg charcoal and a chunk of pecan wood while the chicken absorbs the flavors of the rub.
- Place the chicken cavity-side down on the smoker.
- Grill chicken until thighs and breast reach at least 165 degrees before removing from smoker.
Our best BBQ tip? Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before carving to seal in juices.
Grilled Banana S'mores
- 1 bunch ripe Chiquita bananas
- 1 jar Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 1 12-oz. package Nestlé Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 box Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Use a knife to carefully slice each banana from stem to base, taking care to split only the front peel and fruit while leaving the back peel and the bottom of the banana intact.
- Use a spoon to carefully pry open the banana along the cut to spread it open like a hot dog bun.
- Evenly spread a spoonful of Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme along both sides of the cut banana.
- Sprinkle Nestlé Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels on top of the marshmallow creme.
- Preheat your Lynx All Sear Grill’s outside burners to medium and set the interior burner to low.
- Place prepared bananas upright over the interior burner of grill. Cook until chocolate melts.
- Remove from grill and lightly sprinkle Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs over the melted chocolate.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving to children. Make extras — these get gobbled up quickly by kids and adults alike!