With the spring grilling season heating up, there's no limit to the number of meals you can prepare and eat outdoors — if you're set up for it.
If you're still working on an ancient kettle grill, you owe it to yourself to upgrade to a bigger, better cooker this season. We love the Lynx 36" grill because it comes with so much cooking power in its gorgeous stainless steel housing. You can drop it into a new outdoor kitchen island, or you can purchase it on a matching cart for more flexibility in a smaller space.
Once your shiny new grill is in place, it's time to experiment with some delicious recipes. Burgers and steaks are no-brainers, but don't forget side dishes! Artichokes are in season, and there's nothing like a fresh one seared over the grill and drizzled with butter to pair with a juicy cut of meat.
Serves 6 to 8
3 whole artichokes
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
4-6 cloves garlic
3 Tbs. olive oil
1. Set grill to medium heat.
2. Fill a stockpot with water deep enough to for the artichokes to fully float and bring to a boil.
3. Trim the ends off the artichoke stems and slice the artichokes in half lengthwise. Set them, cut side down, on a platter or cutting board.
4. Zest the lemon and reserve the zest. Slice the lemon in half. Crush the garlic.
5. When the water is boiling, squeeze the lemons and drop the rinds into the water. Add the salt, pepper and garlic. Gently lower the artichoke halves into the boiling water and lower the heat to simmer. Cook until the leaves pull away when gently tugged, 15 to 20 minutes, turning the artichokes over halfway through.
6. Remove the artichokes with tongs and drain on a towel. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard the fuzzy choke and brush the cut side with olive oil. Place them cut-side down on the grill and cook about 3 minutes, until grill marks form.
7. Serve the artichokes with melted butter or aioli.If you’re ready to try out some new recipes on a great new grill, stop by BBQ Island to see our Lynx grills in person today. Your tastebuds will be so glad that you did!