Love BBQs? Planning to buy a charcoal grill but not sure how to go about it? No worries!
If you are planning to purchase a charcoal grill for the first time, it is important to consider certain factors before making any decision. If you go to the market unprepared, you are sure to get confused amidst a lot of choices.
To help you with a seamless buying, we have come up with this blog to pick the right product.
Factors to be kept in mind before choosing a Charcoal Grill:
- Standalone or Built-in
The first and foremost factor to be considered is whether you want a standalone Grill or a built-in one.
Standalone grills come in the form of freestanding gas grills on a cart. One of the important advantages of a standalone grill is its mobility. You can easily keep carry it around your backyard. The next good thing is it’s quite easy to clean. If you want a grill mostly for outings with your friends and family, this might be the right choice for you.
Built-in charcoal grills are installed as your gas counterparts by sliding the grill head into a BBQ island cut out. Their position is fixed in the form of a natural outdoor kitchen counter piece.
You can check out some of the built-in and standalone grill models on our website to have an idea about the same.
The next important determinant is where you want to put your Charcoal Grill. If you want to make it a permanent part of your kitchen (indoor or outdoor), a built-in choice would be the right one for you.
However, if you do not want to fix it in a permanent place and would like to switch places to host your grill parties, the standalone is the right choice for you.
The location would also determine which material to go for. For outdoor kitchens, you need to pick one that can withstand extreme climatic conditions.
A few important questions you need to ask yourself are “home many people are you grilling for”, “how often will you have to maximize grill use”, etc.
Based on the answers, you can select the right size of your grill. The following list would give you an idea about the different charcoal Grill sizes available in the market:
- Small: They are perfect for couples and small families, and a few guests now and then. Around 26 inches wide. Support direct heat only for grilling.
- Medium: Perfect for large families and guests. The cooking grates measure something between 27 to 33 inches in width. Support both direct and indirect heat cooking.
- Large: Large charcoal grills are suitable for family get-togethers. The cooking grates range up to 34 inches wide. Support both direct and indirect heat cooking.
At BBQ Island, you will get a line of Charcoal Grill products of all sizes. Check out our products and choose according to your needs.
- Charcoal Grill class
The last thing to choose is the Charcoal Grill class. So, how fancy do you want your grill to be?
If you want to simply grill and can overlook the fancy factor, then an economy charcoal grill might be right for you. They have small capacities and limited versatility. As they are made with low-quality material, they need to be replaced sooner.
The next option is a practical charcoal grill. It includes charcoal trays, access doors, and electronic ignitions. Supports unique cooking systems.
Then you have Premium charcoal grills, which are made from stainless steel or aluminum with a few extras like hidden rotisseries, adjustable height trays, push-button ignitions, charcoal chamber doors, and are usually meant for longevity outdoors.
The last one would be a luxury charcoal grill. These are usually made from cast aluminum or commercial grade stainless steel and have additional features such as electrical Charcoal starters and digital controls. They generally come with lifetime warranties.
BBQ Island provides different classes of charcoal grills to meet our customer’s varied expectations. All our products are made of high-quality material and come with good warranty features.
Advantages of a Charcoal Grill
If you have not used a Charcoal Grill before and have no idea about its features, you surely might wonder if it is the right choice. Given below are some of the important advantages of a Charcoal Grill:
- Versatile Cooking: With the option of cooking with both direct and indirect heat, you can add versatility to your cooking. Whether you want it baked, grilled, seared, or smoked, you get it all.
- Incredible flavors: Enjoy aromatic flavor in your food without putting much effort into the cooking.
- Portability: The built-in ones offer portability for transportation and can be carried easily to campsites, picnics, and more.
- Affordable: They are quite pocket friendly and value for money deal. Almost all products come with a warranty.
Cons of a Charcoal Grill
Of course, it has its cons too like any other kitchen product. You should also know about the limitations involved before making a buying decision:
- It can get a little messy if not handled properly and would require a lot of time in cleaning up. It is all about how you handle it.
- Longer cooking sessions mean more Charcoal. No such issues with shorter cooking sessions though.
- The cheap ones do not come with many additional features.
- Its heat up time is relatively longer than gas grills.
Buying a charcoal grill is not as troublesome as it sounds if you keep these important points in mind. To make it easier for you, you can visit our website to have a close look at our products. The well-described features and specifications would surely help you make you decide in no time. On top of that, our prices are the most affordable in the market. So, seal the deal right away!