Posted by Dr. Grillenstein on 8/29/2011 to Recipes
- 3 Jalapenos
- 3 Shrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 Hungarian Wax peppers
- 3 Spicy buffalo wings (I used leftover wings)
- 1 Tablespoon wing sauce
- 1/4 lb Queso Fresco
- 12 strips of thin cut bacon
- 12 Toothpicks
There are two many peppers in the picture. You only need 3 of each for this recipe.
1. Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
2. Cut Jalapenos and Hungarian Wax peppers in half. Remove the seeds and pith.
3. Remove shells from shrimp, devien them, finely chop and toss with Old Bay seasoning
4. Remove meat from wings, finely chop and toss with wing sauce.
5. Fill Jalapenos with shrimp and fill the Hungarian peppers with wing meat.
6. Top each pepper with a slice of Queso Fresco. I prefer to use Queso Fresco over cream cheese because it has a pretty high melting temperature for cheese. This helps get the bacon nice and crispy without having your cheese melt out of your poppers.
7. Starting at the small end of the peppers wrap a slice of bacon around the pepper overlapping itself to keep if from falling off. You want to wrap the bacon around the peppers fairly tightly. When you get the final wrap on pin it in place with a toothpick.
8. Place the peppers cheese side down on the grill for about three minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Flip the peppers and continue grilling for another 3 minutes.
9. Remove the finished peppers from the grill and let rest for a few minutes. The cheese will be VERY hot when they first come off the grill.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think of the wing meat stuffed peppers. I have made them a few times and really enjoy them.
Note: These were cooked on a TEC grill. Because TEC's have glass directly under the cooking grids they are not as prone to flare up as regular grill. I had zero flare ups allowing me to perfectly cook the bacon. If flare up is a problem for you, just put a sheet of tinfoil under the poppers. They will taste just as good, but won't have the sexy grill marks.
- 5 Holiday BBQ Gift Ideas (That are on Sale!)
- 5 Holiday Sides You Can Cook on the Grill
- How to Clean a BBQ Grill (The Simple Way)
- How to Make Flavorful Carne Asada Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- What Happened at This Year’s Turkey Fest
- Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- 5 Ways to Add Flavor to a Grilled Turkey
- 3 Ways to Get Wood Flavor on a Gas Grill
- Surefire Ways to Keep Your Chicken Moist
- 5 Ways to Top a Steak (Photo Gallery)
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011