It’s summertime, so that means we’re thinking about keeping cool in the heat. You can’t go wrong when there’s a big, heaping spoon of vanilla ice cream in the mix—especially when it’s melting over a bowl of delicious peach cobbler.
And not just any peach cobbler. Peach and Hatch Chile Cobbler. Yeah, you read that right.
Watch grillmaster Mark Crigler whip up some of that sweet cobbler in the Traeger Timberline 850. Then, get ready to make your own. Here’s his recipe:
Peach and Hatch Chile Cobbler
2 29-ounce cans of sliced peaches
1 18.5-ounce box yellow cake mix
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 pound fresh roasted Hatch green chiles, diced (or 2 cans diced green chiles)
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup butter
Heat grill or smoker to about 250 degrees.
Combine peaches, green chiles and cinnamon into 9x13 foil pan.
Cover with cake mix, evenly spread out.
Dot the top with pads of butter and cream cheese.
Put into smoker for approximately 60-90 minutes.
Top with vanilla ice cream.
- What Happened at This Year’s Turkey Fest
- Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe
- 5 Ways to Add Flavor to a Grilled Turkey
- 3 Ways to Get Wood Flavor on a Gas Grill
- Surefire Ways to Keep Your Chicken Moist
- 5 Ways to Top a Steak (Photo Gallery)
- 4 Grilling Tools You Can’t Live Without
- Unique Backyard BBQ Recipes (Featuring Smoked Mac N’ Cheese)
- How to Grill Epic Vegetarian Dishes
- 5 AZ Craft Beer & BBQ Pairings
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011