If you live in the Valley of the Sun and are looking for a “BBQ shop near me,” we invite you to check us out at BBQ Island. We are your go-to source for everything BBQ!
For example, we're always on the lookout for tasty new recipes and excellent cooking techniques to share with our friends who are serious about cooking the best possible meal over an open flame.
People often come to us because they want to grill up the best steak. A fine cut of steak is the Cadillac of meats, and there's nothing like a well-grilled ribeye to make your meal one to remember.
Here’s one of our favorite ribeye recipes:
Reverse Seared Ribeye Steak
• 1 boneless ribeye steak
• Worcestershire sauce
1. Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce over one side of the ribeye, using your hand to rub evenly over the surface of the meat. Flip the steak over and repeat to fully coat your steak.
2. Apply a generous layer of Truebud BBQ's "The General" Championship Rub to both sides of the steak and pat down.
3. Bring your smoker (we love the ones from Green Mountain Grills) to 150-225 degrees.
4. Smoke the ribeye until the internal temperature reaches 120-130 degrees, depending on your preference.
5. Remove the steak from the smoker and sear both sides to seal in the juices. You can sear the meat on a hot skillet in your kitchen, but we recommend Lynx Grills for the best results. Be sure the skillet or grill is hot before you start searing so it doesn't overcook the interior of your steak. The searing process should only take about a minute.
6. Once seared, allow the ribeye to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
This technique is known as a "reverse sear" because it turns the typical searing process on its head. Usually, meat is seared before cooking. In this case, searing your ribeye after you've perfected the interior cook allows you to keep the meat as rare and juicy as you like without creating any brown rings of toughness on the outside.
Ready for some more inspirational grilling ideas? Come to BBQ Island and you’ll never wonder, “what’s the best BBQ shop near me?” again!