At BBQ Island, we're on a mission to tell everyone we meet that you can use your grill for so much more than just hot dogs and hamburgers — and more than just meat, too. With a little imagination and the right tools, custom BBQ appetizers are also within reach, and some will even please your picky vegetarian friends. To feed your friends and show off your new grill toys at the same time, give these apps a try the next time you host an outdoor gathering.
Maple Smoked Hot Wings
- 2 dozen chicken wings, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Fergolicious Luv Rub
- 1 cup Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Red Devil Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels to remove as much excess moisture as possible. Lightly season on both sides with Fergolicious Luv Rub.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup, and hot sauces. Set aside.
- Set up your Big Green Egg by adding 2-3 Vaughn Maple Wood Chunks and inserting the convEGGtor tray for indirect cooking. Set the Big Green Egg to 300 degrees.
- Place chicken wings on cooking grate and cook until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove chicken wings from your Big Green Egg with tongs and dip each one into your hot sauce mixture, making sure to coat fully.
- Place chicken wings back in your Big Green Egg to finish cooking — they're done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove wings from heat, toss in leftover sauce, and serve hot.
Hickory Planked Brie
- Hickory wood plank
- 1 small wheel of Brie
- Goldwater’s Mercantile Spicy Wild Raspberry Jam
- Club crackers
- In a shallow pan, soak hickory wood plank in water for 20 minutes.
- While the plank is soaking, preheat your Lynx All Sear grill to medium on the outside burners and low on the interior burner.
- Place the wheel of Brie onto wet hickory wood plank and place over the interior burner. Cook until Brie begins to melt.
- Remove from grill and spread jam on top of Brie.
- Serve Brie warm by spreading on club crackers for an easy party treat.
- 3 Ways to Get Wood Flavor on a Gas Grill
- Surefire Ways to Keep Your Chicken Moist
- 5 Ways to Top a Steak (Photo Gallery)
- 4 Grilling Tools You Can’t Live Without
- Unique Backyard BBQ Recipes (Featuring Smoked Mac N’ Cheese)
- How to Grill Epic Vegetarian Dishes
- 5 AZ Craft Beer & BBQ Pairings
- How to: Use a Kamado Grill
- Labor Day BBQ Menu
- Quiz: Match Your Meat to the Sauce
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011